Week 10: Isekai

I never knew Isekai was considered a genre in the world of anime/manga. And now that I think about it, I have seen a lot of Isekai genre series before this class such as Sword Art Online, Log Horizon, No Game No Life, Danmachi, etc. What I realized watching these shows is they have a sense of an open-world RPG game, making the world incredibly huge. You can really tell by the characters how they get new gears or even level up after a battle. Character customization can be sometimes seen too with clothing and overall appearance. In addition, there are often non-human characters as well which gives it another feeling of a video game. It is not my most enjoyable genre because I think the storylines do get kind of predictable and repetitive, and a lot of characters are not fully developed in the end.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 1: 4 Panel Comic

Week 13: Oishinbo

Week 6: Sailor Moon and Pretty Cure